it’s been a while…but I’m planning a comeback! stay tuned! <3
I know I’ve been completely slacking since turning 28. However, it’s for good reason, I promise!!
#1: I am currently developing a bigger better lifestyle blog with a dear friend that will be so exciting and something we are both really happy to be creating! I will absolutely share more when I can!
I totally appreciate all of you who have stuck with me on this space the short time I’ve been here! Kristi Politely isn’t gone for good. I’m sure she reappear in some way in the future!
The picture above is from my 27th Birthday Happy Hour! 27 is my favorite number and I have been looking forward to being 27, for like, ever. I have to say I have had an AWESOME 27 year. In honor of ending my 27th year, I compiled a list of 27 things I did and love about this year.
1. Seeing Gotye on my actual birthday at the Satellite in Silver Lake, it was his first US show and a super small venue…unforgettable.
2. My 27th Birthday Weekend: Backstage Bar Happy Hour & Disneyland
3. Joshua Radin / Sara Bareilles concert in Nov. 2011, meeting Josh after and him recognizing me as “The girl in front singing all the words to my songs”. *insert swoon here*
4. Thanksgiving with my closests Matt & Julie.
5. SWEAT w/ Richard Simmons!
6. Indulging in candles, there’s something so special about a candle burning.
7. Leasing a BRAND NEW CAR! Judy (the Honda Insight) gas saving love of my life.
8. OVER indulging at Serendipity in NY and Vegas!
9. The sweetest package I received from Jenna and the Giant Apple consisting of my favorite blush from Tarte and an Keel’s Simple Diary which has been SO much fun to start using.
10. Seeing “Grease” at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery it was basically a giant sing-a-long of amazingness!
11. Reading lots of books - new and re-reads.
12. Watching my cutie cuteness nephew, Wyatt grow up! Auntie Tee Tee for life! ;) and having my quick and lovely phone chats now that he’s talking more.
13. Being a bridesmaid in Deanna & Mindy’s beautiful weddings!
14. Disneyland trips! (Thank you annual pass!)
15. Working on improving my relationship with my Mom.
16. The good & bad that has come from my dating adventures this year. *whew*
17. Finding love for a gym! Circuit Works, has made me love working out.
18. My photo wall expanding with so many great memories and captured moments.
19. Matching tattoos with Julie. A special bond I get to share with her for life.
20. Attending the Roast of Rosanne Barr…love her & SO fun!
21. Pretty Little Liars Marathon with Stephanie and Elissa - great day!
22. A late night catch up session in NY with my sweet friend, Michelle.
23. Enjoying every bit of my pumpkin obsession!
24. Joining the blogger community and some exciting upcoming changes.
25. Every minute I’ve had the chance to spend with new and old friends, rekindling old relationships that have strayed, strengthening existing ones, making new ones, and laughing, loving, and enjoying the amazing people I surround myself with!
26. ALL of my travels, taking me to Toronto, Milan, Idaho Falls, Michigan, Vegas, New York, and home sweet home, Washington.
27. Enjoying growing older and everything that comes with it! I’m ready for whatever you have in store for me, 28!
Okay Okay…I’m a terrible person and I have been neglecting this space a little as of late. I sort of feel like I’m taking advantage of this opportunity that I really cherish and want to be SUPER proud of.
I really want to make sure my posts are the best they could possibly be and be thought out and planned and not so “on the fly”…however, with that being said, I think I would contribute more if I wasn’t so stuck on being a perfectionist! So I am going to work on some sort of balance. Maybe we’ll both be happier.
This is my stop being such an perfectionist face…because let’s be real…nothing is ever perfect.
Speaking of happiness, granted nothing is perfect in my life, but I have been feeling overall “happier” with life in general, who my friends are, the amazing moments and fun I’m having, my quiet time and tv marathon veg sessions, seeing small progress at circuit training <even the small improvements make me smile. It’s just a great feeling over all.
I’ve also been swooning over every little thing that makes me feel like Fall is near! These 90 degree temps have GOT to GO! I have been indulging in lots of pumpkin spice lattes (my heartburn isn’t happy with this though), swooning over cute scarves, and dying to dig out all of my comfy warm winter clothes. *sigh it could not come soon enough!
More updates and ettiquite to come soon! Promise!